Son of Yhency

Friday, December 09, 2005

No more Millar Time

Acknowledging what Kevin Millar has meant to the Red Sox and their fans for the last few years, Boston Dirt Dogs has compiled a great montage of Millar photos. Lots of good stuff in there.

I kind of alluded to this in my post yesterday, but I don't know if I've ever witnessed a player leave a sports team where:
(a) everyone knew it was time to part ways and
(b) there was no bad will among any of the parties, yet
(c) most fans were still emotional about it.

Sox fans loved Millosh... nonetheless, it was just time to cut ties with the guy. Everyone knew it, no one stopped it from happening, but it was still tough.

Then again, I'm just some dude living in New York, so I guess I can't profess to have my finger on the pulse of New England. But from what I've read, that's kinda been what it's like. If nothing else, I know it has been for me.