Son of Yhency

Friday, April 14, 2006

Holy mother of God

I was concerned today when I read that Yhency may be sent to Triple-A in deference to (a) keeping Cody Ross on the major league squad or (b) bringing Kenny Lofton off of the DL.

I was even more concerned when I read about some talk of discomfort in Yhency's elbow, an MRI and the possibility of a stint on the DL.

But I just found out about the unspeakable. And I can't even believe I'm about to write this -- Yhency is out for the season to undergo Tommy John elbow reconstruction surgery.

In the words of George Costanza, I'm speechless right now. I am without speech. I don't even know what to say. Triple-A would have been bad, but Yhency would have worked through it and made his way back to the Dodgers. On the DL, he would have done the same. But out for the year? I can't even comprehend it right now.

What happens from here for Son of Yhency? I'm not sure, but we'll trek on as best we can. This elusive statistical review of Yhency's performance from last year? I'll still post it in the next few days. The completion of Operation Yhency? Hell, this may make it easier. A comprehensive day-by-day breakdown of Yhency's recovery from surgery? I'm not sure I'll have much to say on that, but when there's news, it'll be here. We're down, but we're absolutely not out.

Until next time, there's still plenty going on right now for the Los Angeles Baseball Dodgers, (who are often unrightfully overlooked on this blog), especially with the first game of a three-game series against Barry Bonds and the Giants starting in about 15 minutes. So let's focus on the now. Because we have 11 1/2 months until Yhency returns to Major League action. How sweet that will be...