Son of Yhency

Friday, November 18, 2005

This year in Rehoboth!

As you may or may not know, I'm heading off to Israel later on today for a one-week visit to the country. This is my second time there, although seeing as I was five the first time, this will be the first time I actually bring back some memories. Going with the parents, and we'll be staying with some friends in Rehoboth. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a geographic knowledge of Israel (and this map, which highlights the West Bank for some reason, certainly doesn't help), so all I know about Rehoboth is that it's somewhat centrally located. Which is convenient, because we'll be doing all sorts of day trips to Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, the Dead Sea and I guess a few other places.

I'll be missing Thanksgiving during this trip, which I guess is a first for me. Oh well. Can't say I'm too broken up about that. Not that I don't love me some turkey (dark meat, thank you very much), canned cranberry sauce, stuffing and gravy. Yummy in my tummy.

Should be a lot of fun, and if Internet access allows, I'll try to add a few updates of my experience during the week.