Son of Yhency

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Somewhere, Stephen A is weeping


Slava Medvedenko has been waived by the Lakers in favor of journeyman Jim Jackson, and I couldn't be more devastated. Okay, that's not entirely true, but Monday was still a sad day in the House of Yhency. Hell, even Mitch Kupchak had to have shed a little tear -- as I covered in a post in November, Slava was the very first player he signed as GM on August 15, 2000.

I was going to try to provide a little retrospective on Slava's tenure with the Lakers, but the good folks at Lakers Blog elucidated everything we loved about him so much more so than I could have. So I'll be lazy and let you read that instead.

Now it's up to Jackson -- the Lakers are his 12th team in a 14-year career -- to provide any sort of an increased value over the hilarity that Slava brought to us night in and night out. And that's a tough job to take on.

Slava, we hardly knew ye.